The Armadale/Thornlie Line will close from Monday 20 November 2023 until mid-2025 as part of METRONET’s projects.
During the shutdown, there will be no train services between Armadale/Thornlie and Victoria Park. Bus routes have been planned with school students in mind and additional services will operate around school start and finish times.
Please read the information below about planning your journey to and from school with Transperth during the shutdown.
Travelling to Ursula Frayne Catholic College
The main bus routes servicing Victoria Park Station and nearby areas during the shutdown are:
• Route 908 (limited stops) operates between Victoria Park and Cannington stations, via Shepperton Road and Sevenoaks Street.
• Passengers travelling towards Armadale can transfer to Route 907 (limited stops) at Shepperton Road, near Oats Street.
• Route 930 operates between Perth and Thornlie Station, via Shepperton Road.
• Passengers travelling towards Perth can catch the train from Victoria Park Station.
Free Travel Entitlement
The State Government announced a Free Travel Entitlement in recognition of the inconvenience caused by the Armadale/Thornlie Line Shutdown. As a result, six months of free travel will be provided for eligible Ursula Frayne Catholic College students.
To be eligible you will need to be:
• A current SmartRider user;
• Have used a train service from an Armadale/Thornlie Line station between Carlisle and Armadale at least once a week for 13 weeks (does not have to be consecutive) in the six months prior to 17 September 2023.
Those eligible will automatically have a free travel token applied to their SmartRider for free travel between 20 November 2023 to 31 May 2024 so there is no need to apply or register for the entitlement.
13 62 13
The Transperth App
Download the official Transperth app available for Android and iOS.
Sign up for My Account via the Transperth website or app and activate My Alerts to receive email notifications of changes or disruptions to services.