The venue for all lessons is the Aqualife Centre in Somerset Street, East Victoria Park. Lessons will be held daily from Monday 17 February to Friday 28 February, in Weeks 3 & 4. The lessons will be 30 minutes long.
After the last lesson, on Friday 28 February, students above Level 6 will be involved in time trials in order to determine heat allocations for their races in the Faction Swimming Carnival.
For the duration of the swimming lessons the students must do the following:
- Wear the correct school uniform or if it is their PE lesson that day, their sports uniform.
- If bathers are worn under their uniform, they must not be visible.
- Thongs or sandals are to be worn to and from the pool.
- Students to bring underwear to change into after their swimming lesson.
- All items, including goggles, medication, sunscreen and towels are to be clearly labelled with their full name.
- Have a separate bag for swimming items.
Parents are asked to inform the class teacher if their child needs medication prior to swimming (e.g. Ventolin).
Students who have previously completed Aqualife 7 will be placed in a Bronze Star Course.
Year 3’s: 11.45am – 12.15pm
Year 4’s: 12.20pm – 12.50pm
Year 5’s: 12.55pm – 1.25pm
Year 6’s: 1.30pm – 2.00pm